City Council Regular Meeting & Work Session - Agenda
Agenda packet items are available for download by clicking links below, or download complete agenda packet.
COUNCIL/CITY MANAGER WORK SESSION – 5:30 PM
(Members of the public are encouraged to meet at City Hall no later than 5:30 pm, if they wish to participate in the work session which will be partially held at the EOTEC site.)
1. CALL MEETING TO ORDER– 7:00 pm
2. DECLARATION OF QUORUM
3. FLAG SALUTE
4. PROCLAMATIONS, PRESENTATIONS & RECOGNITIONS
5. CITIZEN INPUT ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS (Anyone wishing to bring anything before the council that is not on the agenda is asked to please do the following: 1. Limit discussion to not more than FIVE minutes; 2. State your name and address; 3. Direct your comments to the Mayor.)
6. CONSENT AGENDA
- Minutes of the October 12th, regular City Council meeting.
- Minutes of the August 12th, Library Board meeting.
- Minutes of the September 9th, Airport Advisory meeting.
- Minutes of the September 9th, Planning Commission meeting.
- Liquor License Application - “Full On-Premises Sales” for El Malecon (Formally La Hacienda Mexican Restaurant) located at 285 E Main Street.
- Final Plat – Abarim Meadows Subdivision. Phase 1, E Main Street and NE 10th Street, Silver Ridge Homes.
- Confirm appointments to the Airport Advisory Committee for a 3-year term beginning November 1st, 2015 and ending October 31st, 2018:
- Positions #3 – Michael O. Martin
- and Position #4 – Timothy Beinert.
- Confirm appointments to the Parks and Recreation Committee for a 3-year term beginning November 1st, 2015 and ending October 31st, 2018:
- Positions #2- Jean Stahlberg
- and Position #3 – Briana Cortaberria.
- Confirm appointment to the Hispanic Advisory Committee for a 3-year term beginning November 1st, 2015 and ending June 30th, 2019:
- Position #4 – Claudia Jimenez
- Sept Expenditures
|Bonded Debt||383,351.90||Energy Services||679,516.21|
|State Tax Street||212,574.24||RWTP Construction Fund||0.00|
|Transient Room Tax||2,950.84||EOTEC Construction Fund||807,186.28|
|Utility||429,499.01||Law Enforcement Special Revenue||0.00|
|Recreation Special Revenue||57,085.00||Library Special Revenue||1,104.088|
|Reserve||373,733.30||2014 Water & Sewer Bonds||172,613.60|
|Municipal Court||22,608.37||Senior Center Construction Fund||0.00|
|Miscellaneous Special Revenue||1,214.59||HURA Fund||6,490.50|
- Action – Motion to approve consent agenda items. Roll Call
7. ITEMS REMOVED FROM CONSENT AGENDA
8. PUBLIC HEARINGS
- Consider an ordinance amending Title XV, Chapter 157 of the Hermiston Code of Ordinances to prohibit marijuana sales, distribution, warehousing, and processing in the city’s zones permitting commercial activities.
- Declaration of potential conflict of interest
- Hearing Guidelines
- Open Hearing
- Public Testimony (people wishing to speak are asked to come to the microphone and state their name and mailing address)
- Close Hearing
- Finding of Fact
- Action: Motion to Approve
9. RESOLUTIONS & ORDINANCES
- Ordinance No. 2234 –Amend Title XV, Chapter 157 of the Hermiston Code of Ordinances to prohibit the sale, warehousing, processing, and distribution of Marijuana in the City’s commercial zones and referring the ordinance to the voters.
- Action - Mayor requests first reading of the ordinance be read by title only and calls for a roll call. Roll Call
- Action - Mayor requests that the ordinance be put on for final adoption at this meeting and that the second reading be by title only and calls for a roll call. Roll Call
- Action - Motion that ordinance No. 2234 be adopted and become effective 30 days after certification of the election results by the City Council. Roll Call
- Direct the Community Enhancement Committee and City staff to develop a Public Art Plan.
- Action – Motion to approve. Roll Call
- September Financial Report.
- Action - Motion to approve. Roll Call
11. COMMITTEE REPORTS
- City Committees and Liaison: Airport Advisory, Budget, Hispanic Advisory, Library Board, Parks & Recreation, Planning Commission, Recreation Projects Fund, Faith-Based Advisory Committee, Community Enhancement Committee, Public Safety Committee.
- Mayor’s Report –
- Council Report –
- Manager’s Report –