Request for Proposals: EOTEC Maintenance/Operations Contract
Eastern Oregon Trade and Event Center
Request for Proposals:
Due Date: January 12, 2017, at 2 p.m.
Contact: Heather Cannell
1705 East Airport Road
Hermiston, OR 97838
General Background Information
The Eastern Oregon Trade and Event Center (EOTEC) is soon to be a complex of facilities designed to host a variety of events including the Umatilla County Fair and Farm-City Pro Rodeo.
The City of Hermiston, Umatilla County, the Umatilla County Fair and the Farm-City Pro Rodeo have partnered to sponsor the development of the EOTEC on approximately 90 acres of ground just south of the Hermiston Airport. EOTEC will begin hosting the Umatilla County Fair and Farm-City Pro Rodeo in August 2017 and will provide a top-notch venue for attracting many other new events to the area throughout the year. The site includes an Event Center, Livestock Barns, Rodeo Arena, a large common area and plentiful parking.
Scope of Work
EOTEC is seeking a firm to provide operational and maintenance services to the complex of facilities. Below is a summary of the types of duties and time frames that will be needed.
Janitorial (Keep everything looking clean and tidy)
Run Floor Buffer
Keep trash picked up inside and out
Plumbing (Fix toilets, sinks, and faucets, appliances, snake clogs, etc.)
Electrical (Change light bulbs, check fuses, check electrical outlets)
Minor Construction (Able to use hand and power Tool) (Fix tables and chairs, adjust doors, drywall patching, painting)
Landscaping (Mowing, edging, weeding, watering, fixing sprinklers and water lines, fertilizing)
Setting up and tearing down tables, chairs, staging, pipe and drape
Setting up and tearing down pens in barns (Future)
Setting up and tearing down livestock panels (Future)
Operate tractor, mower, man lift, fork lift, water truck
The above activities will need to be performed at a variety of hours (late nights, early mornings and weekends).
There will need to be the ability to follow directions and be detailed oriented.
Proposal Submission Requirements
04 copies of the Proposal must be received by January 12, 2016, at 2 p.m. Proposals shall be submitted/addressed to the following:
1705 East Airport Road
Hermiston, OR 97838
You may send an e-mail copy of the proposal as well but a hard copy must be submitted as well.
Format for Proposal
The Proposal should be organized in accordance to the list of scored criteria. The Proposal should not exceed ten (10) pages, excluding the cover sheet and any tabs or indexes.
One page is defined as: one side of a single 8-1/2"x11" page, with 11 point minimum font size for substantive text.
Information provided in a Proposal will, to the extent allowed by law, be held in confidence and will not be revealed or discussed with competitors.
A total of 100 points is available for the scored criteria.
- Method of Approach. Provide a clear and concise understanding of the needed work, proposed approach to providing the service, and proposed measures for demonstrating success. (25 points)
- Price. Provide a pricing structure and an estimate on the potential monthly cost based on a projected schedule. (25 points)
- Professional Qualifications of Project Team (15 points). Provide a company overview and qualifications for providing the requested professional services. List key team members who will be assigned to this site, their roles and responsibilities, and their qualifications and experience.
- Experience (15 points). Provide examples of any similar agreements that show the firm’s experience in providing these services.
- Location and Familiarity with EOTEC (15 points). Provide a description of the key staff’s knowledge and experience performing work in the surrounding area. Describe your staff’s ability to attend meetings with EOTEC and to work efficiently in the project vicinity. Also include your company’s past performance history with the City of Hermiston or Umatilla County.
- References (5 points). Include three (3) references from clients.
The City will appoint a selection committee to review, score, and rank the Proposers' Proposals.
Contract negotiations with the highest ranked Proposer shall be directed toward obtaining written agreement on the Proposer's tasks and a performance schedule as well as fair and reasonable contract terms consistent with the Proposer's Proposal.
Negotiations with the highest-ranked Proposer may be formally terminated if they fail to result in a contract within a reasonable amount of time. Negotiations will then ensue with the second-ranked Proposer and, if necessary, the third-ranked Proposer, and so on, until the negotiations result in a contract. If the subsequent rounds of negotiations fail to result in a contract within a reasonable amount of time, the solicitation may be formally terminated.
EOTEC reserves the right to:
- Amend, modify, or withdraw this RFP;
- Require supplemental statements or information from Proposers;
- Extend the deadline for responses to this RFP;
- Accept or reject any and all proposals pursuant to this RFP;
- Waive or correct any irregularities in proposals after prior notice to the Proposers;
- Negotiate with alternative Proposers if initial contract negotiations are unsuccessful.
This RFP does not obligate EOTEC to award a contract, to pay the costs incurred in preparing any proposal, or to procure the services described herein. All proposals are submitted at the sole cost and expense of the Proposer. EOTEC shall incur no liability or obligation to any Proposer except pursuant to a written contract of services, duly executed by the Proposer and an authorized signatory for the County.