TRT Community Grants 2017
Subject: Request for Project Proposals - Transient Room Tax
The City of Hermiston is currently accepting project proposals for Transient Room Tax (TRT) dedicated for recreation for the 2016 - 2017 fiscal year. The grant program represents 15% of 5/8ths of the Transient Room Tax collected in the prior year, mandated to be spent on Recreation Programs and Projects. The grant program is competitive and limited to recreation related programs and projects taking place within the Hermiston City Limits.
Larry Fetter, City Hall, 180 N.E. 2nd Street, Hermiston, OR 97838.
TRT Funding Criteria and Eligibility:
- Total project fund allocation for 2017 is approximately $25,000.
- Projects must be within the City of Hermiston.
- Applicants must have a non-profit tax status.
- Projects that benefit Hermiston through enhanced tourism, promotion, marketing, and lodging will be given highest consideration.
- Projects that benefit the greatest number of participants will be given greater consideration.
- Projects that represent a broad base of other support shall be given greater consideration.
- Funded projects are required to submit a breakdown of expenditures on how the funds were spent including receipts prior to reimbursement.