The City is accepting applications for the following Committees:
- 3-year term beginning July 1, 2020 and ending June 30, 2023
- Hispanic Advisory Committee- positions #1 and #2
- Eastern Oregon Trade and Event Center- position #4 (At-Large)
- 4- year term beginning July 1, 2020 and ending June 30, 2024
- Library Board- positions #1 and #2
Deadline to apply for Committee(s) in Section 1 & 2: May 27, 2020
- Remaining 3-year term ending March 31, 2023:
- Planning Commission- position #5
- Faith-Based Advisory Committee- position #5
- Remaining 3-year term ending December 31st, 2021:
- Budget Committee- #9
- Faith-Based Advisory Committee- position #3
Interested persons are asked to submit an application to City Hall, 180 NE 2nd Street, Hermiston, or by email at lalarcon-stronghermiston.or.us . Application forms are available at City Hall or on the City’s website at https://hermiston.or.us/volunteer . If you have questions, please call Lilly Alarcon-Strong at 541-567-5521.
Proposed appointment and confirmation of these positions are made by the City Council.
All appointments to city boards and commissions shall be made in accordance with the ordinances and city charter. Appointees shall not be full-time employees of the city, shall not be elected officials of the city, shall not be appointed to more than two boards or commissions at a time, and shall not sell to the city or its boards and commissions over which the council has appointive powers and budget control either directly as a prime contractor or supplier, or indirectly as a first tier subcontractor or supplier. Sales shall be construed to mean sales, services or fees aggregating $7,500 or more in any one calendar year. Preference for appointees shall be given to city residents.