City of Hermiston Parks and Recreation
Sports Official/Referee (Adult & Youth Sports)
- Part-Time, Non-benefited
- Starting Wage: $11.00/hour
- Schedule: Hours Vary (10-20 hours per week, not to exceed 1500 hours per year)
- Start Date: Fall League Sports begin in September
Closing date: Open until filled
Hermiston Parks and Recreation is seeking a part-time Recreation Sports Official/Referee in Adult and Youth Sports. Incumbents must have a proven background showing good work ethic, punctuality and reliable attendance and must work effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions. S/he will be required to work a varied work schedule based on program needs; preferred availability during evenings and weekends.
- Familiar knowledge of volleyball and/or football rules.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and communicate effectively.
- Experience in officiating and/or playing sports.
- Ability to resolve conflicts in a professional manner.
- Must have ability to work weekends, or other irregular hours as necessary.
- Must be 15 years or older for youth sports / 18 or older for adult sports.
- Must complete successful background check
Please submit a completed employment application to: Brandon Artz, Recreation Supervisor via email to: bartzhermiston.or.us , by mail: 180 NE 2nd Street, Hermiston, OR 97838, or hand deliver to Parks and Recreation, 415 South Highway 395, Hermiston.