HERMISTON RECYCLING EVENT, SATURDAY APRIL 14TH
Download the Recycling Info Sheet (PDF) - NEW 4/11/18
- When: April 14th from 9-3 PM
- Who: Only residents of Umatilla County
- Where: Umatilla Electric Cooperative Parking Lot
- What: The City of Hermiston is making it convenient to get rid of your old aluminum, appliances, car batteries, computers, concrete, paint, yard debris, tires, and much more...for FREE!!!!
Sponsored by Hermiston Parks & Recreation and Tom Denchel 's Ford
Come enjoy a day of fishing at McNary Ponds when many trout will be stocked for this event. All normal fishing regulations are in effect, bring your own fishing pole and gear. An adult must accompany all children. Each fish caught must be reeled in by a child 2-11 years old.
Ages: 2-12 years
"I LOVE MY CITY" COMMUNITY CLEAN UP
- When: April 21 from 9-noon
- Who: All residents are invited
- Where: McKenzie Park
- What: "I LOVE MY CITY" Community Clean up Day! Volunteers needed to keep our City clean. All volunteers must check in first. Lunch provided by the Rotary Club will be provided to all volunteers. Come as a group or by yourself and you will be given an assignment. Bring your own gloves.
The Annual Arbor Day Tree Give-Away is Saturday, April 7th at Smitty's Ace Hardware parking lot starting at 9:00am. This popular event is sponsored by the Hermiston Rotary Club and the City Parks and Recreation Committee.
Trees to be given away: Ginnala Flame Maple, Red Maple, River Birch, Red Bud, Flowering Pear, Mountain Ash, Bald Cypress, and Japanese Zelkova.
Location: Eastern Oregon Trade & Event Center
The Hermiston Kids Triathlon is a non-competitive event held at the Hermiston Family Aquatic Center
No Experience is Necessary!
- All 7-12 year-old participants must be able to:
- Swim 50 meters / Bike 1 mile / Run .4 mile
- All 4-6 year old participants must be able to:
- Swim 50 feet (lifejackets are available) / Bike .6 mile (training wheels are allowed) / Run .4 mile
Cost: $15 Resident or $18 Non Resident
Ages: 4-12 years
Location: Hermiston Family Aquatic Center
Join us at McKenzie Park for a movie showing on our oversized inflatable movie screen.
Location: McKenzie Park
When: Mid-July through mid-August
Location: Hermiston Downtown Main Street and Community Center
Pancakes with Santa is sponsored by Rogers Toyota of Hermiston
Come out and enjoy a wonderful holiday breakfast with Santa. Breakfast will be pancakes and sausage with delicious toppings you can use to decorate your pancakes. Included with breakfast will be photos with Santa, and the staff from the Hermiston Library will share a holiday story with everyone.
Tickets must be purchased in advance at City Hall, Parks and Recreation office. Seats limited.
Day/Time: Saturday, 9:30am-11:30am
Ticket Prices: $8 - ages 2-15 years; $10 - 16 + years ; $30 - family of 4
Location: Hermiston Community Center
Join us for our Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony! We will have music, an appearance from Santa, and campfire. Vendors will be on hand to provide food, hot chocolate and holiday treats.
Downtown Businesses will be open for First Thursday of the month Christmas shopping.