The Planning Department is located at City Hall:
180 NE 2nd Street
Hermiston, OR 97838
Phone (541) 567-5521
Fax (541) 567-5530
The planning department oversees residential, commercial and industrial development within the city limits. Planning staff serve to administer the City's comprehensive plan and zoning and subdivision ordinances. Staff reviews all site plans for commercial, industrial and multi-family residential development.
Planning staff provides support to the Hermiston Planning Commission and Hermiston City Council. The planning commission reviews and approves conditional use permits, variances and minor partitions. In addition, the planning commission also reviews and makes recommendations to the city council for all annexations, comprehensive plan amendments, rezones, subdivisions, subdivision replats and major partitions. In addition to supporting the planning commission, planning staff administratively approves all site plans and minor variances.
The planning commission meets on the second Wednesday of each month. All applications must be submitted to the planning department at least one month prior to the desired planning commission meeting. Staff recommends that persons interested in submitting an application for any of the above listed procedures visit the planning office and consult with staff prior to submitting an application. Office hours for the planning department are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Clint Spencer, City Planner
- Heather LaBeau, Zoning Clerk
- Periodic Review Evaluation and Worktasks (PDF)
- Revised Work Tasks - January 2009 (PDF)
- Goal 5 Inventory Documentation
- Comprehensive Plan (PDF)
- Development Code - City Ordinance (external link)
- Transportation Systems Plan (PDF) updated 8/28/17
- Customer Service Request. This link will allow you to communicate with us if you have questions or concerns about issues that are related to this department. (external link)
- The Oregon Map - Access local maps for property tax zone information. (external link)
- Civil Engineering Drawings Review Fee (PDF)
- Land Use Application Fee (PDF)
- Marijuana and Smoke Shop Guidelines (PDF)
- 2009 SDC Fees (PDF)
- Hermiston Population by Fiscal Year Excel | PDF
- Vendor Guidelines Handout (PDF) - Yearly | 90-day