Monday through Friday 8 AM - 4 PM
Police Records Requests
Hermiston Police Department
330 S 1st Street
Hermiston, Oregon 97838
- Request Processing
Requests are handled in as timely a manner as possible in accordance with the Oregon Public Records Laws.
- Report Request Fees (PDF)
- Public Disclosure of Reports
Every effort will be made to disclose as much information as possible while complying with the Oregon Public Records Laws Oregon Revised Statutes 192.311 to 192.478.
- Exemptions from Public Disclosure
Oregon Revised Statutes 192.311 to 192.478 provides that notwithstanding any statute or rule of the court to the contrary, a law enforcement agency’s investigatory records compiled for law enforcement purposes are exempt from disclosure to the extent their purpose would:
- Interfere with enforcement proceedings.
- Deprive a person of a right to a fair trial or an impartial adjudication.
- Constitute an unwarranted invasion of personal privacy.
- Disclose the identity of a confidential source.
- Disclose investigative techniques and procedures.
- Endanger the life or safety of parties involved in an investigation.
- Endanger the life or safety of law enforcement personnel.
Criminal History/Background Checks
Please direct any request for Criminal History and Background check to the Oregon State Police, ID Services at 503-378-3070 or via their website: www.oregon.gov/osp/id (external link)
In an effort to be responsive to the demand of our citizens, fingerprint services are available any day Monday through Friday when the records department is open. There may be times when the records department is closed during those days.
The fee for fingerprints is currently $20.00 and can be paid by check, debit, or credit card. The records department does not accept cash.
A current identification card or license is required at the time of the appointment.
- Vehicle release forms can be obtained during normal business hours of Monday through Friday 7am – 5pm, unless otherwise posted.
- To obtain a release form have the following with you:
- Proof of ownership on the vehicle impounded
- Valid insurance, providing documentation listing the vehicle with valid effective and expiration dates
- Valid driver
- We do not collect payment, that is handled at Bert’s Towing
Dispatch Services - 911 Communications
In an emergency call: 9-1-1
Effective July 1st 2014, the Hermiston Police Department Communications Center was closed and services were contracted with the Umatilla County PSAP (Public Safety Answering Point). Citizens with emergencies should call 911 and the call will automatically dial into the county dispatch center.
For non-emergency Police service: