The City of Hermiston appreciates the significant contribution volunteers make to the community; whether it’s volunteering through the Parks and Recreation Department, the Library, or being a member of an advisory committee, WE TRULY THANK YOU!
Interested in volunteering?
Contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 541-667-5018 or at parksandrechermiston.or.us , or the Public Library at 541-567-2882 or libraryhermiston.or.us
Interested in getting involved in your local government and community?
Apply to be on one of our Committees, Boards, or Commissions by:
- Complete the Application for Standing Committee Vacancies (PDF) - Applications are also available at City Hall.
- Turn the application into: City Recorder Lilly Alarcon-Strong, CMC, at City Hall or by email at lalarcon-stronghermiston.or.us.
- Once your application is received, we’ll begin processing your paperwork and the Vacancy Review Board will review and/or interview applicants (usually takes about one month).
- The Vacancy Review Board will then make a recommendation to the City Council, at the following City Council meeting, to appoint an applicant to their respective committee/board/commission.
- If the recommendation is approved by the City Council, the appointment confirmation will be made at the following City Council meeting.
- To keep you informed, the applicant will receive communication throughout this process.
The City is accepting applications for the FUNLAND PARK RECONSTRUCTION COMMITTEE.
This is a short-term committee consisting of 8-9 members who will help in the rebuild process of the new park, to include: Designing the new park, Creating a budget, and more.
The first meeting of this Committee is expected to be held in July. Information regarding committee appointments, meetings, etc will be posted on the City’s Face Book page, website and City Council agenda and meetings.
Information on how to apply is located above.
Deadline to apply for the Funland Park positions: Tuesday June 11th, 2019
The City of Hermiston wishes to thank everyone who has reached out to donate or volunteer their time in the rebuild process. This community, our community, time and again always rises to the occasion to support our youth!
Again, we truly thank you!
Donate Today bit.ly/funlandrebuild
Other available positions:
- Remaining terms beginning June 11th, 2019:
- Recreation Projects Fund Advisory Committee- position #2- ending December 31, 2019
- Parks and Recreation Committee- position: #6- ending October 31, 2020
- 3-year term beginning July 1st, 2019 and ending June 30th, 2022:
- Hispanic Advisory Committee- positions: #3 and #5
- Library Board- position: #5
- Eastern Oregon Trade and Event Center Advisory Board- position: #5
3. 3-year term ending December 31st, 2021
Budget Committee- positions: #8, and #9
- 3-year term ending December 31st, 2021:
Faith-Based Advisory Committee- positions: #4
Deadline to apply for Committees in sections 1-4: Open until filled
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions:
Lilly Alarcon-Strong, CMC
PLEASE NOTE: All appointments to city committees, boards, and commissions shall be made in accordance with the ordinances and city charter.
Appointment preference shall be given to city residents and shall not be:
- Full-time employees of the city,
- Elected officials of the city,
- Appointed to more than two boards or commissions at a time, and
- Sell to the City or its committees, boards, and commissions over which the council has appointive powers and budget control either directly as a prime contractor or supplier, or indirectly as a first tier subcontractor or supplier. Sales shall be construed to mean sales, services or fees aggregating $7,500 or more in any one calendar year.