The City of Hermiston appreciates the significant contribution volunteers make to the community; whether it’s volunteering through the Parks and Recreation Department, the Library, or being a member of an advisory committee, WE TRULY THANK YOU!
Interested in volunteering?
Contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 541-667-5018 or at parksandrechermiston.or.us , or the Public Library at 541-567-2882 or libraryhermiston.or.us
Interested in getting involved in your local government and community?
Apply to be on one of our Committees, Boards, or Commissions by:
- Complete the Application for Standing Committee Vacancies (PDF) - Applications are also available at City Hall.
- Turning it in to City Recorder Lilly Alarcon-Strong at City Hall or by email at lalarcon-stronghermiston.or.us.
- Once your application is received, we’ll begin processing your paperwork and the Vacancy Review Board will review and/or interview applicants (usually takes about one month).
- The Vacancy Review Board will then make a recommendation to the City Council, at the following City Council meeting, to appoint an applicant to their respective committee/board/commission.
- If the recommendation is approved by the City Council, the appointment confirmation will be made at the following City Council meeting.
- To keep you informed, the applicant will receive communication throughout this process.
1. Unexpired portion of a: 3-year term beginning July 1st, 2018 and ending June 30th, 2021:
Hispanic Advisory Committee- Position #4.
2. Unexpired portion of a: 4-year term beginning July 1st, 2018 and ending June 30th, 2022:
Library Board- Position #3.
Deadline to apply for Hispanic Advisory Committee and Library Board is May 30th, 2018 or open until filled
3. Remaining 3-year term ending December 31st, 2020
Budget Committee - position: #6
4. Remaining 3-year term ending December 31st, 2018
Budget Committee - position: #8
5. Remaining 3-year term ending December 31st, 2018
Faith-Based Advisory Committee- position: #4
Deadline to apply for Budget & Faith-Based Committees is: open until filled.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions:
PLEASE NOTE: All appointments to city committees, boards, and commissions shall be made in accordance with the ordinances and city charter.
Appointment preference shall be given to city residents and shall not be:
- Full-time employees of the city,
- Elected officials of the city,
- Appointed to more than two boards or commissions at a time, and
- Sell to the City or its committees, boards, and commissions over which the council has appointive powers and budget control either directly as a prime contractor or supplier, or indirectly as a first tier subcontractor or supplier. Sales shall be construed to mean sales, services or fees aggregating $7,500 or more in any one calendar year.